With NetSuite as a Partner, Coda Coffee Diversifies Business and Promotes Sustainability
In starting their sustainable and well-respected coffee brand, the Thwaite brothers knew they had to ensure Coda Coffee’s growth curve didn’t model a caffeine buzz—rapid movement, then a crash. To diversify from B2B distribution to online B2C sales and retail locations, and expand to coffee equipment maintenance, it needed industry-specific accounting functionality, inventory visibility and real-time data access that its QuickBooks and manual processes couldn’t provide.
$7 million (2015)
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES
NUMBER OF USERS
NUMBER OF SUBSIDIARIES
NETSUITE PRODUCTS IMPLEMENTED
NetSuite Advanced Inventory
Scalable Platform Fuels the Business Mission
- Automation, visibility for aggressive expansion
- Since launching NetSuite in 2008, Coda Coffee has grown from six employees to 45. The business now spans wholesale and white-label distribution, online and physical B2C operations that include a brick and mortar store, a 2,000-square-foot roasting and distribution hub in Denver doubling as a product maintenance center, and soon another roasting and distribution hub in Phoenix.
- Industry accolades, efficiencies abound
- Named “Roaster of the Year” in 2014 by Roaster Magazine, Coda continues to expand and innovate, launching tablets at the warehouse and growing into its new roasting center in Phoenix, while still saving the hiring of one FTE annually.
- Continued leadership in sustainability
- Maintaining sustainability as it grows is paramount for Coda Coffee. With the multi-subsidiary and multi-inventory management capabilities gained in a recent NetSuite OneWorld migration, Coda can ensure accurate financials and optimal stock levels and gain end-to-end visibility for continued leadership in sustainability practices.